Procrastination

Procrastination....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cu-QAq3WAAE7b1j.jpg

What is it?
It's everything you do not to do the main task...
If I were to chose a world which describes me the best, that's it. 

When I and my friends have some paper assigned to hand it in two weeks, the strategy of writing it varies. Some of my friends usually plan the work on it and they write it little by little. Almost every day they try to read it, change it, write more and what's important, they start realizing it at least two days after the assignment. In my case, we can't call it a strategy... It's avoiding it for two weeks and then writing it in one night. 
The fun fact is that the results are comparable. So I guess, that's the main reason why I'm still practicing it. It's profitable. Why should I spend two weeks on something that I can write in 10 hours? What's more, the near-deadline helps my creativity and improve my concentration. 

Besides, the procrastination doesn't concern only me. There are many students who struggle with it. You think you don't procrastinate? Let's check it out!

During exam time...
Have you ever told yourself to start it tomorrow?
Have you ever made yourself 8 cups of tea?
Have you ever cleaned your room twice a day?
Have you ever checked every social media? Twice?
Have you ever gone to the gym while telling yourself that a few exercises will improve your concentration?
Have you ever solved the puzzle of 3000 elements?
Have you ever told yourself that you will start learning every full hour?
Have you ever ended on Wikipedia's article about the species of monkeys living in South Africa while searching information for your literature class?


If you answered 'yes' on, at least, one question, CONGRATULATIONS! You're a procrastinator like me. 

But the blog won't be about how to be more effective and better focused. 
It will be a form of procrastination. In the world of studying for exams, working, learning new things there will always be a place for writing a short post and a cup of coffee. So why don't combine those two things together and procrastinate about your procrastination which means to write a blog about coffee?

Welcome!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts